In general, a niche market has the following features:
1. Is the fraction of a bigger market due to its peculiarities.
2. It is composed by small groups or organisations.
3. They have very particular & specific needs are willing to pay an "extra" for a product or service that satifies their expectations.
4. It has size enough to generate profits: According to Prof. Philip Kotler, an ideal niche market is one that has the size necessary to be profitable.
5. It requires special products or services.
6. There are very few companies that satisfy its needs.
Last edited by Zenit; 12-07-2008 at 06:15 PM.