View Full Version : Clickbank
11-24-2009, 03:54 AM
I just stumbled upon clickbank as a online payment transaction provider. It looks pretty cool as far as the options they offer and whatnot. Also, they have a built in affiliate marketing program that looks interesting. Has anyone used them before? What did you think?
11-25-2009, 02:42 PM
I haven't used them for payment processing, but I do use them to market their affiliate products. They have been professional, above the board and paid me on-time.
12-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Clickbank is very reliable in my opinion, as a vendor AND an affiliate. I sell one product on CB and I act as an aff for a few others in my niche.
A few things to keep in mind:
1) The affiliates are not YOUR affiliates, and you can't stop them from doing whatever they want to promote your product. Expect to see Ads on google such as "Is XYZ Product a SCAM? Click here to find out" ... and the add simply goes to your site (using their aff link).
2) Clickbank takes 7.5% plus a buck on each transaction
3) If you want to get affiliates you better pay out ABOVE 50% commission. I pay 75% on my product
4) BUILD A LIST. You're probably selling an ebook or audio for under $50 if you are on Clickbank (software often can cost more) ... so build a list and build a relationship with the list. Then sell more stuff to them in time.
5) as an affiliate, if the vendor has an opt-in form, SIGN UP and find out what the vendor does to promote the stuff. Do you feel good about the methods / information? If yes, promote. if not, don't promote.
12-07-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm not really thrilled with clickbank so far, at least compared with PayPal.
PayPal offers more flexibility... yet clickbank has the better earnings potential - if you're not worried about over saturation.
12-08-2009, 12:18 AM
You can't go around comparing PayPal to Clickbank. Apples to Oranges.
PayPal is a payment processor. Clickbank is a network of affiliates and vendors. Totally different.
If you are selling and do NOT want affiliates, you are better off with PayPal because you have a different goal.
12-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Clickbank's great because they have such a big library of affiliate products to sell. It's useful to browse what they have for ideas on niches to market to.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.