[PLEASE NOTE: This contest has ended per the rules explained below. Thanks!]
I cannot put into words how excited I am to write this post. Perhaps it’s because I’ve had 3 glasses of wine, or perhaps it’s the glee of F bombs below.
It’s because I have a huge TV announcement, an opportunity to get a personalized video from Arnold Schwarzenegger (seriously), and much more.
Short and sweet — I FINALLY got digital rights to my TV show, The Tim Ferriss Experiment. It’s about how to conquer fear in any skill and 10x your learning speed. Think of it as Mythbusters meets Jason Bourne. Filmed and edited by the Emmy award-winning team behind Anthony Bourdain (Zero Point Zero).
It took eons of negotiating and lawyering, but I got digital rights for you guys, at long last.
This is my most important project of the last three years. It literally took blood, sweat, and tears. You’ll see my horrible injuries when you watch the show. In the parkour episode alone, I tore both ACLs, 6 of my 8 total quadriceps muscles (both legs), my rotator cuff muscles, and all the flexors in one forearm.
If you’ve gotten any value from me over the years, could you please buy the season pass for this fuckin’ show? :) Click here to get 13 episodes for next to nothing. It’s cinematic, insane, and won’t disappoint. Here is all the craziness, including a free preview. In a nutshell:
Bestselling author Tim Ferriss (“The world’s best human guinea pig.” – Newsweek) pushes himself to the breaking point, attempting to learn notoriously punishing skills–surfing, professional poker, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, parkour, languages, etc.–in just one week each.
In every episode of The Tim Ferriss Experiment, Ferriss partners with the world’s best and most unorthodox teachers (Laird Hamilton, Marcelo Garcia, Stewart Copeland, etc.), who train him for a final gauntlet. Shocking breakthroughs, injuries, epiphanies, and disasters ensue. In cases where he succeeds, Tim shows you how to replicate his results. The mantra of the show is “you don’t need to be superhuman to get superhuman results…you just need a better toolkit.”
I’m too tired to hide my Long Island pedigree, so… please just buy this season pass here. You’ll fucking love it.
A few things to sweeten the pot…
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Glitch Mob Craziness
I don’t half-ass launches. I go whole ass. Perhaps even 110% ass. So here’s the deal:
I want EVERYONE to see this show. I’m super proud of it, and your support means the world to me. 2nd place is 1st loser in my mind, so I’m going all out.
To the person who promotes the show best (details below), I’m giving away two priceless prizes, both from icons:
1) You’ll get a personalized motivational video from the Terminator, the man who killed the Predator (for God’s sake, people!) — Arnold Schwarzenegger. If you want to slay dragons and become superhuman, Arnie can motivate you like no one else. He’ll record a video to psyche you to greatness.
2) You’ll get a custom “anthem” from one of the biggest electronic music groups in the world — The Glitch Mob! Band members Boreta and Ooah will create ~30 seconds of awesomeness, a worldwide original just for you. Use it to get amped to do incredible things. Listen to it every morning, listen to it when you need to kick ass, listen to it before workouts or whenever you need extra juice. No one can buy this.
Are you fucking kidding me? No, I am not. The above two are real.
And you can feel good about promoting and buying the show, as 25% of all launch week profits for the TV show go to After-School All-Stars, which supports after-school programs for at-risk youth who need mentors. They do amazing work, and I recognize how a few mentors steered me from disaster early in my life. I want everyone to have that opportunity.
So… how do you win these bonzo garbanzo bonuses?
1) Promote the hell out of The Tim Ferriss Experiment this week, driving clicks to the iTunes page: itunes.com/timferriss Here’s one step to get you started.
2) Leave a comment on this post telling me what you did (including anything quantifiable), no later than this Sunday, May 3rd 2015, at 10pm PT. Comments must be submitted by 10pm PT. It’s OK if they’re in moderation and don’t appear live before 10pm. Note: You must include “#TFX” at the TOP of your comment to be considered! This is an IQ test on following directions.
3) By May 10th, I and my panel of magic elves will select the winner: he or she who describes in their comment how they drove the most downloads/listens. If you drive people to buy season passes, you get major bonus points.
4) That’s it! Remember: Deadline is 10pm PT on May 3rd. No extensions and no excuses.
5) Of course, void where prohibited, no purchase required, you must be over 21, no minotaurs, etc.
But That’s Not All… (Cue Rotisserie Chicken)
If you simply buy the season pass, you can get a bunch of awesome stuff. Put another way, if you spend $14.99 USD, you get more than $200 in bonuses. Here are the deets:
Important note #1: This only applies to people within the United States, or in US territories. Alas, I could only get rights for the US, so this is only available to residents of the US and US territories for now. The network wouldn’t give me international rights, but I spent a small fortune trying. I’ll keep trying.
Important note #2: Most of these prizes will be delivered by May 10th. You’ll receive confirmation and a remind about all of this, but when you purchase and submit proof of purchase, please be patient.
1) If you buy the full season pass of the Tim Ferriss Experiment, you will receive all of the below prizes.
2) When you purchase the full season (remember, single episodes don’t count), you’ll be sent goodies including:
CreativeLive: A $50 free credit + course from Neil Strauss on the creative process
CreativeLive is an online learning platform that broadcasts live, high-definition classes to more than 2 million students in 200 countries. The classes are amazing. Teachers include Pulitzer Prize winners, business luminaries, and more. Neil Strauss, author of The Game, was one of my teachers for the “Dating Game” episode of The Tim Ferriss Experiment.
90-day free trial + a $200 coupon for WebinarJam
If you run any type of online business, WebinarJam Studio is a vital tool for entrepreneurs, which allows you to reach an unlimited number of people. The service is turnkey in terms of creating better conversions, allowing you to upload to YouTube, and integrate with your email list.
The Tim Ferriss Show Transcripts
It’s taken a long time, but I finally have transcripts from my “Best of iTunes 2014″ podcast. Not just that, but I’ve put them together into a pretty e-book PDF of 600+ pages. These are never-before-released transcripts of 25 of the most popular episodes of The Tim Ferriss Show, including episodes featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Triple H, Jon Favreau and more.
Scribd: 2 free months of subscription
Scribd is your passport to a reader’s paradise, with more than one million e-books, audiobooks, and comics, including New York Times bestsellers, Pulitzer Prize winners, and reader favorites across every genre. Scribd is available in nearly every country and in more than 80 languages via iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, Nook tablets, and the web.
ChefSteps: Free high-def cooking classes (don’t ignore this)
This was an invaluable resource for me when I was writing and research The 4-Hour Chef. ChefSteps is a James Beard Award–winning team of chefs, filmmakers, designers, writers, and scientists on a mission to help people cook smarter. ChefSteps.com and its companion app are designed to inspire creativity in the kitchen through high-quality interactive content, classes, tools, and resources that will inspire and educate cooks at any skill level.
[REMINDER: This contest is now over per the rules above. Thanks!]
And that’s the whole story!
Still wondering what I’m talking about? Here you go.
I hope you love watching it as much as I enjoyed making it!
Much love and high fives from California,