There are dozens of topics covered in this tea-infused, bromantic episode of scatterbrained nonsense.
Like what? Well: porn (including select picks), taking an “alcohol vacation,” fixing low testosterone, the wonders of insect protein, start-up talk, and much more. O-tanoshimi dane!
Please note: The 100 free spots for Exo protein bars filled up in less than 15 minutes! Hope to do more giveaways next month, but — in the meantime — you can get Exo here, while inventory lasts. My favorite flavor right now is cacao nut.
Show notes are below, courtesy of kind reader Wayne Patton (Thanks, Wayne!):
1. Unicorn Peppermill at 1:10 – good for all kinds of herbs/spices, not just pepper. Tim’s favorite (and perhaps Amazon’s favorite) peppermill.
2. Benefits of turmeric tea and longevity beginning at 2:11
3. Diet of the world’s “oldest” city per capita at 5:00
4. Kevin on why you shouldn’t push down elderly folks at 6:25
5. The 30-day challenge beginning at 9:30
7. Low testosterone conversation at 13:25 & 16:20
8. Tim’s favorite porn at 16:05
9. The bet between Kevin and Tim at 19:08
10. Crypto currencies like Dogecoin and micro-transactions at 21:00 (side note: Tim only invests if he has an “informational advantage”)
11. At 26:30 Kevin begins talking about http://www.ethereum.org and how it could have a decentralizing effect on the internet and cryptographic currencies
12. Protein from crickets at 31:00 – http://www.exo.co
13. First 100 people get a free cricket bar at 38:45 [NOTE: These slots filled up within 15 min of this post going live]
14. What Kevin’s excited about (hint: recycling furniture) at 40:18 –http://www.moveloot.com
15. At 43:15 Kevin talks about http://www.misfitwearables.com and how much he likes the product
16. On meditation and the effects at 44:39
17. Dopamine vs. serotonin and building habits at 47:20 – stay tuned at http://www.summertomato.com
18. The effects of heat on the body (and magnesium oxide) at 48:45
19. Magnesium deficiency and the effects at 51:00
20. Tim’s podcast at 54:00 – Don’t podcast drunk and edit sober.
21. Tim on taking illustration classes at Filoli Gardens in Woodside, CA (http://www.filoli.org) at 57:15
22. Slaine The Horned God graphic novel by Pat Mills & Simon Bisley at 58:15
23. Subscribe for Tim’s quarterly subscription package –http://quarterly.co/tim – and why it’s so much fun for Tim
24. Kevin’s dream about a Bonsai style orange tree at 1:01:20
25. Titanium sunglasses at 1:02:03 – http://www.williampainter.com
There are dozens of topics covered in this wine-infused, bromantic episode of scatterbrained nonsense. Some of it might improve your stock picking or even save your labradoodle from being eaten alive. Or you can just choose to waste tons of money on awesomeness. O-tanoshimi dane!
In this long overdue episode, join me and Kevin Rose as we catch up on topics ranging from start-ups and new projects to meditation and funny business. Thanks to Glenn for the videography. This is actually Episode 19, but Kevin wanted it to be 20, so there you have it.
One wish-list item: If any of you are involved in comic books or animation, I’d love to shadow a true master or even intern/work at A) a comic publisher alongside pencilers, or B) at an animation studio at some point in 2013. I have some wild ideas I’d like to explore later, and I’m happy to be a gopher (i.e. “Go fer coffee”) for a while. Please leave a comment or feel free to email my assistant (see contact page on this blog).
In this long overdue episode, join me and Kevin Rose as we catch up on topics ranging from start-ups and new projects to relationships and sexual enhancement through chemical cocktails. Thanks to Glenn for his usual Jedi videography.
Notes, Links, and Resources
The 4-Hour Chef – The new book. It’s going to be NUTS. CLEAR card for skipping security lines — Use code “RANDOM29″ at this link to get 67% off — $29 for the first 6 months. DuoLingo – Language learning. Rally – Crowdfunding and cause marketing. Lift – Elegant app for changing/improving behaviors (Plus: The WaterPik). Vittana – Imagine Kiva.org for education. Central Kitchen – My first restaurant investment (SF-based). BufferBox – (Update: I ultimately did not end up investing) Distributed pick-up points. The Graveyard Book – My new favorite audiobook, performed by Neil Gaiman. Trust Me, I’m Lying – Ryan Holiday’s guide to digital media and related cat-and-mouse games.