“A cross between Jack Welch and a Buddhist monk.”
-The New York Times
“Tim is Indiana Jones for the digital age. I’ve already used his advice to go spearfishing on remote islands and ski the best hidden slopes of Argentina. Simply put, do what he says and you can live like a millionaire.”
-Albert Pope, Derivatives Trading, UBS World Headquarters
Timothy Ferriss has been listed as one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Business People”, Forbes Magazine’s “Names You Need to Know,” and is the 7th “most powerful” personality on Newsweek’s Digital 100 Power Index for 2012. He is an angel investor/advisor (Facebook, StumbleUpon, Evernote, Uber, and 20+ more) and author of the following books:
- The 4-Hour Workweek – Sold into 35+ languages, #1 New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and BusinessWeek bestseller.
- The 4-Hour Body – #1 New York Times bestseller.
- The 4-Hour Chef – #1 Wall Street Journal and New York Times bestseller; winner of a Gourmand “Best in the World” Award at the 18th Annual Paris Cookbook Awards.
Tim is listed as #13 in the “100 Most Influential VCs, Angels & Investors” rankings, and Newsweek calls him “the world’s best guinea pig,” which he takes a compliment.
This blog is one of Inc. Magazine’s “19 Blogs You Should Bookmark Right Now“, and it has been ranked #1 on the Top 150 Management and Leadership Blogs list, based on Google PageRank, Alexa traffic ranking, Bing results, Technorati authority, Feedburner subscribers, and PostRank.
Tim’s Twitter account was selected by Mashable as one of “5 Must-Follow Twitter Accounts for Entrepreneurs,” a list including Richard Branson, Mark Cuban, Marissa Mayer, and Jack Dorsey.
Tim has been featured by more than 100 media outlets–including The New York Times, The Economist, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, TIME, Forbes, Fortune, CNN, and CBS–and has been a popular guest lecturer at Princeton University since 2003, where he presents entrepreneurship as a tool for world change and ideal lifestyle design.
Tim has been invited to speak at some of the world’s most innovative organizations, including Google, MIT, Harvard Business School, Nike, PayPal, Facebook, The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Microsoft, Ask.com, Nielsen, Princeton University, the Wharton School, and the Stanford Graduate School of Business. He has also been invited to speak and keynote at world-renowned technology summits including EG, FOO Camp, E-Tech, Supernova, LeWeb, and the Web 2.0 Exposition, where he shared the stage with figures like Eric Schmidt, Chairman of the Board of Google, and Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.
Tim has amassed a diverse (and certainly odd) roster of experiences:
- Princeton University guest lecturer in High-Tech Entrepreneurship and Electrical Engineering
- Finance and Entrepreneurship advisor at Singularity University at NASA Ames, co-founded by Peter Diamandis and Ray Kurzweil.
- First American in history to hold a Guinness World Record in tango
- Speaker of 5 languages (video samples here)
- National Chinese kickboxing champion
- Horseback archer (yabusame) in Nikko, Japan
- 2009 Henry Crown Fellow at the Aspen Institute
- Political asylum researcher
- MTV breakdancer in Taiwan
- Hurling competitor in Ireland
- Wired Magazine’s “Greatest Self-Promoter of 2008″
Tim received his BA from Princeton University in 2000, where he studied in the Neuroscience and East Asian Studies departments. He developed his nonfiction writing with Pulitzer Prize winner John McPhee and formed his life philosophies under Nobel Prize winner Kenzaburo Oe.
He enjoys bear claws and chocolate croissants.
This site is hosted and nurtured on WordPress VIP.
Get #1 New York Times bestselling author Tim Ferriss' new guide to rapid learning for 40% off -- The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living The Good Life