“We were in the locker room getting naked and two guys were like ‘Tim! I love your book!'” -Kevin Rose
This is not going to be a long-form interview where I dissect and deconstruct a world-class performer. Instead, this is a special edition of The Random Show.
I am joined by Kevin Rose (@KevinRose), serial entrepreneur, and all around wild and crazy guy!
Have just 2 minutes? Learn about the dating app I think is even better than Tinder.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Want to hear this fascinating episode with Dom D’Agostino? I mentioned that he deadlifted 500 pounds for 10 reps after a seven-day fast. Listen to our conversation in which we discuss fasting, ketosis, and the end of cancer. (Stream below or right-click here to download):
This podcast is brought to you by Wealthfront. Wealthfront is a massively disruptive (in a good way) set-it-and-forget-it investing service, led by technologists from places like Apple. It has exploded in popularity in the last two years and now has more than $2.5B under management. Why? Because you can get services previously limited to the ultra-wealthy and only pay pennies on the dollar for them, and it’s all through smarter software instead of retail locations and bloated sales teams.
Check out wealthfront.com/tim, take their risk assessment quiz, which only takes 2-5 minutes, and they’ll show you—for free–exactly the portfolio they’d put you in. If you want to just take their advice and do it yourself, you can. Well worth a few minutes to explore: wealthfront.com/tim.
This podcast is also brought to you by 99Designs, the world’s largest marketplace of graphic designers. I have used them for years to create some amazing designs. When your business needs a logo, website design, business card, or anything you can imagine, check out 99Designs.
I used them to rapid prototype the cover for The 4-Hour Body, and I’ve also had them help with display advertising and illustrations. If you want a more personalized approach, I recommend their 1-on-1 service. You get original designs from designers around the world. The best part? You provide your feedback, and then you end up with a product that you’re happy with or your money back. Click this link and get a free $99 upgrade. Give it a test run.
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: What other recovery and/or self-improvement techniques would you like to learn more about? Please let me know in the comments.
Scroll below for links and show notes…
Selected Links from the Episode
- Listen to episodes on sauna use with Dr. Rhonda Patrick and Wim Hof
- Learn more about Ray Cronise, who helped with the Ice Age chapter in The 4-Hour Body
- Check out the Hoshizaki Ice Maker
- Learn more about contrast therapy
- Learn more about Yaktrax for walking on snow and ice
- Check out the Bumble dating app
- Sign up for Kevin Rose’s newsletter – The Journal
- Sign up for my 5-Bullet Friday newsletter
- Watch BJ Miller’s TED Talk, “What Really Matters at the End of Life”
- Pick up a Rumble Roller
- The Baron in the Trees by Italo Calvino
- Motherless Brooklyn by Jonathan Lethem
- Get a Fitbit Blaze to monitor your heart rate
- Learn more about Human Longevity, Inc.
- Headed to Yellowstone? Take a tour with Two Top snowmobile rental and follow Michelle
- Thinking about returning to magazines? Try these:
- Download the podcast suggested by Bill Gurley, Radiolab’s CRISPR
- In New York City? Check out Hearth Restaurant
- Brodo by Marco Canora
- Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
- Subscribe to Foodist Podcast, the podcast of Darya Rose
- On using saunas and cold treatment [6:03]
- Winter footwear and the story of Kevin’s NYC ice wipeout [16:18]
- Discussing the Bumble dating app [20:00]
- Kevin’s new newsletter [25:18]
- Tim’s recommended books for this episode [31:59]
- The Fitbit Blaze and heart rate monitoring technology [34:23]
- On returning to print magazines [45:43]
- On Marco Canora’s book and Hearth Restaurant [53:52]
Posted on: March 16, 2016.
The Tim Ferriss Show is generally the #1 business podcast on iTunes, and it was selected for iTunes' "Best of 2015." Each episode deconstructs world-class performers from eclectic areas (investing, sports, business, art, etc.) to extract the tactics, tools, and routines you can use. If you want to 10x your productivity, click here.