It’s my first podcast threesome! [blush]
THE TIM FERRISS SHOW, EPISODE 3:
This episode features two incredible guests: Dr. Justin Mager and Kelly Starrett. We all drink wine and get crazy.
Dr. Mager is my personal doctor and has helped me with dozens of my crazy experiments, complete with blood testing and next-generation tracking. He’s brilliant (and hilarious).
Kelly Starrett is one of the top Crossfit coaches in the world, and one of my favorite PTs and performance trainers. His clients include Olympic gold medalists, Tour de France cyclists, world and national record holders in Olympic lifting and powerlifting, Crossfit Games medalists, ballet dancers, and elite military personnel. If you’re interested in taking your body or brain to the next level, or attempting to become the guy from Limitless, this episode is for you.
And…want to win some cool stuff today? Tweet out your favorite quote or line from this episode, using the following format, and I’ll pick a few of my favorites for prizes:
“[Insert quote]” More: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-tim-ferriss-show/id863897795?mt=2 #TFS”
To encourage other people to retweet you, try and ensure your entire Tweet is 120 characters or less. The iTunes link above will be automatically shortened.
If you haven’t already, please subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! My iTunes rank — largely determined by subscriber count — is critical for recruiting future guests. Other options for download are the end of this post, but iTunes (here) really helps me out, even if just for the first few episodes. Help me make this podcast as strong as possible, and click subscribe here!
- Defining a “performance whore”
- The potent combination that is Justin Mager
- What makes people “well” and what makes people thrive
- Mixing passions for endocrinology and eastern philosophy
- How chakras described in Ayurvedic medicine correspond to nerve plexuses and endocrine glands
- How Justin Mager changes lives by exploring the body as a whole
- Experimenting on the fringes of physiology and what limits can be pushed
- Working with high-end athletes and military to exceed supposed “optimal” performance
- Blood testing is a snapshot, not a overall description of health — how do you improve it? What do you measure?
- Delving into the effects of travel on circadian rhythms, and how to correct problems
- Exploring the Quantified Self (QS) movement and Kevin Kelly
- Testing quality of sleep
- Why science isn’t the cause-and-effect master of the universe, or shouldn’t be viewed as such
- Pattern recognition and “chunking” for improved talent acquisition
- The diverse role of genetics; what can be changed and what cannot
- The health and performance implications of testosterone, boners, sleep, and more
- Mattress selection from the mobility expert (Kelly)
- Hacking the nervous system for rejuvenating sleep, utilizing body temperature as a tool
- Rebooting the parasympathetic nervous system
- “Supple Leopard” morning rituals
- Kelly’s test of functional mobility
- How pain tolerance, mobility, and movement come together
- Common qualities of top physicians, coaches, and bio-hackers, and how you can emulate them…
For Android users, this podcast can also be found on Stitcher.
Just want the plain old RSS feed? Here it is! http://feeds.feedburner.com/thetimferrissshow
Users of Pocket Casts (and similar apps) can copy the Feedburner link above, then paste it in the app’s search bar. It’ll take you straight to the good stuff.
Posted on: April 27, 2014.
The Tim Ferriss Show is generally the #1 business podcast on iTunes, and it was selected for iTunes' "Best of 2015." Each episode deconstructs world-class performers from eclectic areas (investing, sports, business, art, etc.) to extract the tactics, tools, and routines you can use. If you want to 10x your productivity, click here.