Every three months, I ship out a box of amazing physical products, along with two personal letters explaining everything: a physical letter and a video “letter.”
One of the latter is above. I do *not* plan on including these the blog, but giving an example is fun.
The theme of these quarterly mailings is obsession–I include the ideas and objects I can’t get out of my head.
Obsessions enter my life from all over the place. Currently, my gadgets and gear recommendations are coming from Cirque du Soleil performers, chess prodigies, Fortune 500 CEOs, and military snipers. It’s the randomness that makes it fun.
Here are the goodies from the latest:
1. Spectacle by David Rockwell with Bruce Mau ($49.95 retail, $33.94 Amazon)
2. Edible Green Tea ($25 retail)
3. LSTN Earbuds ($50 retail) Get 20% off by using the code “Quarterly” at check out!
4. AMRAP Refuel Bars ($23.95 retail, $23.90 Amazon)
5. Creative Whack Pack ($16 retail, $11.30 Amazon)
6. $20 DonorsChoose.org Gift Card
7. Hacker Credit Card, Mini Work Tool ($7.95 retail, $8 Amazon)
8. Alpha BRAIN ($35 retail)
Want to get the next box? First come, first served here.
Some of the feedback so far (more here):
Want to explore further? Here are the Twitter handles for all the above, in alphabetical order:
Alpha BRAIN by Onnit Labs – @Onnit
AMRAP Nutrition – @AMRAPUSA
Donors Choose gift card – @DonorsChoose
Eat Green Tea – @eatgreentea
LSTN headphones – @LSTN
Mini work tool is created by BCB International – @bcbin
Spectacle, by David Rockwell and Bruce Mau – @labatrockwell, @brucemaudesign
Whack Pack, creator Roger von Oech – @RogervonOech
Posted on: June 11, 2013.