The 4-Hour Chef has arrived and is available today.
It’s 672 pages of full-color goodness that required blood, sweat, and tears (literally) for nearly two years. Putting it together was brutal. In the end, I think it’s the best book I’ve written, a very unusual choose-your-own-adventure guide to learning and life. I really hope you like it.
This week is a big ‘un. To get us started…
– All NYC cabs will soon be running a 15-second version of The 4-Hour Chef cinematic trailer. I thought it’d be fun to carpet bomb the city. Why not? The trailer has nearly 1.5 million views and is now the most-viewed non-fiction book trailer of all-time.
– I’ve partnered with TaskRabbit to automate grocery shopping nationwide. For all recipes in the first DOMESTIC section, you can order ingredients for each “lesson” with one click. Click here to see if it’s available in your city.
– Come hang out with me in NYC today! From 3pm-6pm ET, I’ll be signing books (my only NYC book signing!) at Panera Bread at 452 5th Avenue (at 39th). Hope to see you there.
– If you haven’t yet, please consider buying the book as a X-mas/holiday gift! The more, the merrier! It’s truly a gorgeous book…easily the most beautiful thing I’ve ever made. The 4-Hour Chef was #2 on Amazon earlier, but it’s currently getting blasted by an unexpected onslaught of Disney Nursery Rhymes. Merciless!
– The UK edition of The 4-Hour Chef also launches today. I’ve always wanted a simultaneous US/UK launch. Now my friends across the pond don’t have to wait for “pants” to become “trousers”! I’ll be visiting London in January to party with y’all. Stay tuned.
In the meanwhile, I’ll be following Chef Thomas Keller’s instructions…
The kitchen of Thomas Keller’s Per Se in New York City. It is only one of seven restaurants in the US to be awarded three Michelin stars. (Photo from The 4-Hour Chef)
Posted on: November 20, 2012.
The Tim Ferriss Show is generally the #1 business podcast on iTunes, and it was selected for iTunes' "Best of 2015." Each episode deconstructs world-class performers from eclectic areas (investing, sports, business, art, etc.) to extract the tactics, tools, and routines you can use. If you want to 10x your productivity, click here.